What Is Hyperlocal PPC?
Hyperlocal PPC is a tactic for optimising content within a restricted geographical area. While at first glance you may think that the wider target audience the better, creating a detailed and local target audience will help your campaign reach people who are in the vicinity of your outlet and are thus in a position to buy your products. Hyperlocal PPC can be a very efficient way of spending advertising money in helping local businesses to increase conversions offline.
Why is Hyperlocal PPC Useful?
The need for hyperlocal PPC strategies has undeniably grown in recent years. As we are becoming ever more reliant on our phones, we are also becoming dependent on the information our devices give us. We have seen businesses boom due to services being available at your front door. So it is no surprise that the ‘near me’ searches have also increased. According to Think with Google, there has been a 500% growth in ”near me” mobile searches that contain a variant of “can I buy” or “to buy” over the last years. Ensuring your business is visible for highly relevant “near me” services via hyperlocal PPC is a great way for bricks and mortar businesses to increase conversions.
Advantages of hyper-local PPC
One advantage of hyperlocal PPC is that it will drive clicks and footfall from geographically close to your business. These PPC searches are highly relevant and timely and thus will convert well. Hyperlocal PPC increases brand awareness to local customers.
As your targeting becomes more specific and smaller, so does your cost per target. This in turn will increase your ROAS. Due to your target location being more specific, it is also easier to measure the performance of your campaign.
- How To Make A Successful Hyperlocal PPC Campaign
- Location Targeting: You can do this by providing a location in your targeting. This can be areas in countries, multiple locations, or the radius of a location through postcodes. This means your PPC campaign will only reach the people within the radius. Furthermore, Google ads also allows you to exclude locations in targeting if needed.
- Use Location Extensions: Such as Phone numbers and CTA such as ‘Call now.’
- Use Location Keywords such as ‘local’ or ‘near me’.
- Create locally relevant content. A good ad is one that captures the relevant tone of the target audience. So, for hyperlocal PPC it is important to used localized language or relevant phrases or words.
To conclude, hyperlocal PPC is a way that marketers can keep up with ever-increasing mobile phone usage and the accessibility it brings to its users. With hyperlocal PPC, we can make sure our clients’ businesses are visible to the people who are most likely to make a conversion. It holds significant advantages and in turn encourages businesses to become personalised and tailored to their local area. There are numerous ways to make a successful hyperlocal PPC campaign, all focused on creating the ad to be as specific as possible. Overall, hyperlocal PPC is an extremely beneficial tactic to use which can help many businesses particularly local businesses carry on converting.