5 things to know about Facebook
Social & Content
For any online marketer, being able to use Facebook efficiently and knowing the intricacies of its system are helpful skills to have. Here are a few things you may not have been aware of:
- If you’re looking to build an app for the first time, it’s helpful to know that Facebook re-builds its search index every 2-4 weeks – meaning any applications that you create and acquires 10+ active users, will actually take a while to appear in the search listings – so plan ahead!
- If you’re managing multiple Facebook pages, use http://www.facebook.com/insights/ to see an overview of insights for all your pages and apps.
- Struggling for time? You can easily link your Facebook pages to your Twitter accounts by going to www.facebook.com/twitter, no additional apps required that force promotion on you, just authorise Facebook on Twitter’s end and you’re all set (Twitter will even shorten the links as .fb for you).
- New to Facebook pages? Well, it has its own resources section designed to help you get the best out of your page – and while it may be easy to spot you’d be surprised how many people forget about them. The guides are extremely helpful and definitely worth reading.
- Not sure on the dimensions of cover and profile pictures to ensure quality? Check out this helpful Social Media “cheat” sheet.
Liked this post? Find much more on our Facebook page!