Which country loves Facebook the most?
Social & Content, Technology
Last weekend I had the joy to reunite with my family and friends in Riga (Latvia). On a Saturday evening I had an interesting discussion with my friends about Facebook, Twitter and a social portal that is popular in Latvia called draugiem.lv. It appears that almost all of my friends, that I was spending time with that evening, don’t like Facebook at all. They said that it is complicated and that the overview isn’t enjoyable at all.
Naturally I got curious – how many Latvians use Facebook? And which countries use Facebook the most?
So if you are as curious as I was, see below the Top 10 countries using Facebook:
- In 10th place it is Germany. The total number of Facebook users in Germany is reaching 21 634 380 and grew by more than 3 857 920 in the last 6 months. Facebook penetration in Germany is 26.29% compared to the country’s population and 33.22% in relation to number of internet users.
- The 9th place was achieved by France with the total amount of Facebook users reaching 23 248 340. In the last 6 months the amount of users grew by more than 1 994 240. Facebook penetration in France is 35.89% compared to it’s population and 52.10% in relation to number of internet users.
- 8th place goes to Philippines reaching 26 725 000 Facebook users. The penetration is 26.78% compared to the population and 90.07% in relation to to the number of internet users. The amount of users grew by more than 3 532 360 in the last 6 months
- Mexico took the 7th place with reaching 30 121 140 users and grew by more than 6 166 720 in the last 6 months.
- In 6th place is Brazil. It is reaching 30 453 260 Facebook users and in the last 6 months grew by more than 12 888 040
- Respectable 5th place was achieved by Turkey. In the last 6 months it grew by more than 2 064 240 and is reaching a total of 30 473 280 unique Facebook users.
- Who do you think conquered the 4th place? Well say “Hello” to the United Kingdom reaching 30 481 300 Facebook users. The penetration is 48.89% compared to the UK’s population and 59.25% in relation to the number of internet users.
- And in 3rd place it is India reaching 38 045 000 Facebook users and growing by more than 12 646 400 in the last 6 months.
- Right in the middle is Indonesia achieving the 2nd place with reaching 40 829 720 Facebook users and growing by more than 4 224 960 in the last 6 months.
- So who do you think was able to take the 1st place? I guess it won’t be a surprise to anyone, that the United States of America is the leader here. The Facebook penetration in the USA is 50.28% compared to the country’s population and 65.20% in relation to the number of internet users. The total number of Facebook users in the United States is reaching a massive number of 155 981 460 and grew by more than 1 023 720 in the last 6 months.
And what about Latvia? Giving the fact that there are approximately 2 245 357 people in Latvia, it achieved the 106th place with the total number of Facebook users reaching 304 740.