Seo Guide For Beginners
Learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is well worth it, given how many people use search engines to find information. The problem for most people is that they don’t have time and find it too repetitive to work on SEO for hours a day.
If you’re like this, maybe you should have a look at the SEO services that our search marketing agency offers. You’ll find that we have a very good reputation and a strong history of results.
If you have enough time and/or would like to learn SEO, I’ve prepared a quick SEO guide for beginners:
– Create a unique, descriptive titles for each of the pages
– Use your main keywords on the Meta Tag “description”
– Improve the structure of your URLs using the “right” keywords,avoid generic terms or the oversaturation of “keywords” in the URL.
– Make sure the site has easy navigation with a good structure, user and SEO wise.
– Optimize your 404 error page
– Write quality content and provide services for your visitors to make sure they return.
– Optimize your images using descriptive names and Alt text.
– Always use the correct Anchor Text when building links.
– In the content use the correct headers (h1, h2, h3, …).
– Create a robots.txt file, tell the search engines which part of your site you don’t want them to index, so they can focus on what really matters.
– Promote your website properly, avoid using spam.
– Submit your sitemap to Google Webmaster tools
– Keep track of your results with Web Analytics services.
There you have it, an article about SEO for Google that doesn’t mention PageRank (darn).