My Fave facts from SES
I was lucky enough to attend some of the SES talks in London on Thursday the 19th. Here are some key fact from my messy notes:
– In the new MSN/Yahoo search deal – Yahoo still keeps ownership of mobile search – they ain’t so dumb afterall
– Its 2010 and we are still all struggling to prove the worth of digital to grow brands. Maybe it was a mistake to emphasize the value of a click way back when… With big brands moving lots of digital spend to Facebook will they lead the charge?
– YouTube gets 1 Billion views per day
– Facebook now has 400 Milliion users
– Last year 240 Million web enabled phones were shipped and only 200 Million laptops – was 2009 finally the year for mobile?
– ‘cheap’ and ‘free’ are the most used search terms on the Apple app store – its like search engines in 1999!
– Apps in the apple store are starting to rank in Google
– Augmented reality – well its just really cool
– New mobile buzzword – ‘location based experience’
– In April 2011 European parliamnet has decreed that all cookies will be optin – what are we doing about it?
– There are currently 2M advertisers using adwords – there are only 50,000 display advertisers worldwide! How do we increase the longtail for display?