Join our team
Business Development Manager
About the role
Tug requires a Business Development Manager to join our growing Toronto team. We’re looking for an enthusiastic go-getter, with experience in generating and converting their own leads, who is passionate about digital marketing and growing out our business. The role is incredibly diverse spanning from contact with leading marketers, to attending industry events to networking and spreading awareness of Tug, to presenting winning pitches for exciting brands.
The role requires excellent time management, impeccable communication skills and a real drive to succeed so we need someone who is self-motivated and able to work to strict targets/deadlines, both individually and as part of bigger projects.
- Targeted outreach to prospective clients - Honing in on 2-4 industries a quarter, researching industry trends, creating a target list of prospects, researching company news and personnel changes on the web to inform initial outreach. Creating an engagement piece with key people in the agency to ‘open the door’, generate conversations and ultimately meetings, briefs, pitches and new client wins.
- Representing Tug at industry events; networking, promoting the brand and meeting attendees to grow leads
- Helping to organise marketing campaigns and events.
- Building out and managing lists of contacts in our key verticals for prospecting using Pipedrive
- Managing pitches and working with the team to develop decks, research and collateral Working with the team to develop budgets for our work
- Helping to onboard new clients into the agency and liaising with clients, working alongside the channel teams, throughout their contracts with us to ensure the clients expectations are met.
Skills, knowledge and experience required.:
- You will have a passion about your craft and genuine interest in digital media
- A proven track record to lead generation and new business wins.
- This candidate will need to have at least 2 years’ sales experience and be looking for a step up and new challenge in their career
- Great at presenting
- Enthusiastic team player
Life at Tug
Want to work at an ambitious international digital performance marketing agency? Apply today and we’ll be in touch!
- Flexible working hours
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free breakfast every morning & fresh fruit daily
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Happy hour and snacks every Friday
- Regular social events
- Annual Summer and Christmas parties
- Tickets to industry events and conferences