Join our team
About the role
Tug is a global Digital Performance Marketing agency specializing in paid search, display, search engine optimization, social media & data analytics.
Headquartered in London with offices in Toronto, Sydney and Berlin – with new offices opening in Singapore & NYC in 2022 - Tug services an impressive roster of Blue Chip and Fortune 500 clients. In 2021 we grew 30% globally and aim to improve on that in 2022. Last year the Sydney office tripled in size, and we moved into a great new office (with a pool table!) on Reservoir Street.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager with experience selling media and marketing services to senior clients, a Sydney network of Blue Chip connections, a proven depth of knowledge in the Digital Media space, and the Marketing acumen to position Tug as a digital leader in Sydney and across APAC
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
In this role, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for positioning Tug as a leader in the Australian marketplace by leveraging the successes to date in Australia and globally.
You will be focused on growing the new business pipeline through inbound & outbound activity as well as networking. You will also need to mentor and set targets for a junior sales executive focused on outbound email & telephone campaigns. The successful candidate will also lead the development, management and execution of the marketing strategy for the Australian market – including managing our PR agency, external event sponsorship and Tug Life series events.
If you’re the best fit for this role, you’re a natural leader with strong business development acumen. You’re excited by the prospect of being able to bring your creative and entrepreneurial energy to an organization with a track record but who has room to grow. You have solid relationships in place with Blue Chip companies and you’re excited to bring them to an organization that you’ll have a hand in building and designing.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- 5-7 years experience in the Digital Agency world – consultatively selling Digital (media & marketing) solutions
- Track record of writing forecast and sales plans
- Track record of carrying and overachieving quota
- Proven ability to create & manage pitch winning decks
- Have exceptional presentation skills
- Experience with big client wins
- Can solution sell and build strong relationships
- Have experience leading a team and coaching them to success
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have experience developing strategic marketing plans
- Have experience managing budgets and finance
- Have well developed problem solving skills
- Are an organized thinker with ability to collaborate with creative & technical colleagues
- Are an entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
- Have a positive team spirit
Please include a covering letter along with a CV in your application that addresses any experience, interests or examples that demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements laid out in “Skills” section.
Life at Tug
Want to work at an ambitious international digital performance marketing agency? Apply today and we’ll be in touch!
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free breakfast every morning
- Fresh fruit daily
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Happy hour and snacks every Friday
- Regular social events
- Tug tuck shop
- Annual Summer and Christmas parties
- Tickets to industry events and conferences