Sales Director - London
Tug is a Digital Performance Marketing Agency, with offices in London, Sydney & Toronto. With roots in search marketing, our approach is grounded in performance. Media as well as Creative is enhanced by data insights and driven by technology. Tug analysts plan across our mix of digital marketing services, to create significant commercial advantage for our clients.
About the role:
Tug requires a Sales Director to join our growing London team. We are a results focused agency that drives business performance for our clients. We have a wide range of clients across many interesting verticals. We are looking for an intelligent, analytical, ambitious and energetic professional who enjoys learning & excelling at what they do.
- Responsible for owning lead generation, through cold calling, networking, appointment setting and PR and marketing
- Experience selling Tug’s core services
- Actively and successfully manage the sales processes through lead generation, solution pitch, negotiation and closing deals
- Present Tug to potential clients through direct communications in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Owning and managing their sales pipeline
- You will have individual responsibility for new business, and are expected to self-manage, however support will be available from the Chief Strategy Officer, Managing Director, CEO for larger/more complex pitches, strategies and solutions
- Jointly leading the sales process within the organisation – with help from the team – of thought leadership events (e.g. TugLife) to increase agency awareness and ultimately drive new business. Proactively suggesting and managing other lead generation events such as client networking drinks, prospect dinners etc
- Managing a New Business Manager
- Representing Tug at trade / industry events
- Interaction with other internal departments
- Developing sales collateral, credentials across all relevant clients and sectors
- Keeping up to date with industry news
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Proven success in sales ability through managing and working on complex media pitches
- Excellent presenting and negotiating skills at board level
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Excellent time management and planning
- Sound knowledge of digital media landscape
- Positive attitude and fun!