Join our team
Data Operations Executive
About the role
Tug requires a data enthusiast to join our growing data team. Although the role will be based in our London office, you will be working closely with our offices around the globe to build successful data strategies.
This is an entry level role so training will be provided, the successful candidate will be assisting in the effective tracking and reporting for a range of clients.
You need to be up to date with the current thinking on the best use of data by clients and agencies, as well as eager to learn and understand the aspects of advertising data use, both by clients but also within the agency and our partners.
Through this role you will be exposed to a range of Data Operations, from setting up tracking, essential for the collection of advertising data, to hands on working with different data sources and ultimately communicating a story through our dashboards.
You will be working closely with the Data & Analytics Manager and client teams to deliver valuable insights using a variety of data sources.
Your day to day activities will include support on developing data driven projects. You will be working with analytics and advertising platforms provided through our channel activity and client data. So you will become an expert in using Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and other site analytics software, as well as working with Advertising Platform analytics, such as Google Marketing Platform (GMP), Facebook and Google Ads etc. and troubleshooting when required.
You will become a specialist with Google Data Studio and assist on the development and maintenance of the agency’s bespoke dashboards. You will be using data validation techniques and help visualize our client’s marketing KPIs in the most user friendly way.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
Although we expect your knowledge and skills to continually develop, we are looking for you to possess a set of some existing skills:
- Prior agency experience is preferable but not essential.
- Have an understanding of what Display, PPC and Paid Social are and how they use data in particular.
- Knowledge of Google Sheets/Excel.
- Familiar with tag manager platforms (GTM), an advantage but not essential.
- SQL skills are good to have.
- Methodical in planning.
- Conducting troubleshooting - Curious mind able to follow processes and spot errors.
- Ability to prioritize competing requirements.
- Fanatical about detail and analytical in your approach.
- Great communicator and confident presenting.
- Enthusiastic team player.
Please include a covering letter along with a CV in your application that addresses any experience, interests or examples that demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements laid out in “Skills” section.
Life at Tug
Want to work at an ambitious international digital performance marketing agency? Apply today and we’ll be in touch!
- Flexible working hours
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Free breakfast every morning
- Fresh fruit daily
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Happy hour and snacks every Friday
- Regular social events
- Tug tuck shop
- Annual Summer and Christmas parties
- Tickets to industry events and conferences